- Beginning January 1, 2019, the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services are requiring hospitals and health systems to post their “current, standard charges.”
- North Valley Health Center charges represented on this website detail the amount billed to insurance companies or uninsured individuals for the described service. For most patients, hospitals are reimbursed at a level well below the represented charges due to the following:
- Patients covered by commercial insurance products have negotiated rates with hospitals.
- Patients covered by Medicare or Medicaid programs have hospital reimbursement rates determined by federal and state governments.
- Hospital charges may include bundled procedures, personnel, services and supplies. An example would be room rates that include the space, equipment, nursing personnel and supplies.
- When a patient has the opportunity to shop for medical services, he or she should contact his or her own insurance carrier to understand which costs will be covered and which will be the patient’s responsibility.
- Patients should contact North Valley Health Center directly at (218) 745-4211 for any further details.
- Click here to view Standard/Current Charges related to Price Transparency at North Valley Health Center