NVHC Well-child Check-ups
North Valley Health Center providers offer well-child check-ups to infants and children up to 18 years of age.
Well-child visits are key times for communication. Expect to be given information about normal development, nutrition, sleep, safety, diseases that are “going around,” and other important topics such as what to expect as your child grows up. Topics that are usually covered:
- Physical examination
- Auscultation (listening to heart, breath, and stomach sounds)
- Heart sounds
- Infantile reflexes and deep tendon reflexes as the child gets older
- Standard ophthalmic exam
- Temperature measurement (also normal body temperature)
- Appropriate diet (breast feeding, balanced diet for proper growth/nutrition)
- Growth and development (developmental milestones)
Make the most of these visits by writing down important questions and concerns to bring with you.