Emergency Room Services
North Valley Health Center’s Emergency Department is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week with an On-call Provider (MD, NP or PA) and nurses specially trained in Critical Care.
Both the providers and nurses are certified in BLS, ACLS, CALS, PALS and TNCC.
Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Telephone Number: (218) 745-4211
Emergencies: Dial 911
Preparations for the Emergency Room
- If possible, call ahead to let the emergency room staff know you are on the way.
- Take along a list of all medications you are currently taking.
- If you have seen a doctor before for a similar problem, take any records you may have from the previous visit with you.
Questions about tests, medications, or treatments
- What’s the name of the medication, test, or procedure?
- Why do I need it?
- What are the risks?
- Are there alternatives?
- What happens if I do nothing?
- How do I take the medications?
- How do I prepare for the tests?
Questions to ask before leaving
- Do I need a return visit?
- What danger signs should I be looking for?
- What else do I need to know?